Monday 19 November 2018

2018 - Sainsbury's - Taste the Difference 6 mince pies

Stop the press! It's a mainstream supermarket that's claiming to have changed their mince pie recipe. Kudos Sainsbury's, you deserve another review so, let's get to it!


Leaving aside the fact that the box hasn't really changed from previous years aside from a little sticker in the corner saying 'new recipe', I'm hoping Sainsbury's decided to put all that effort into the mince pie itself.

Let's see how it looks:



I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I think it's actually been made worse. The pastry is not crumbly but, soft, underbaked and devoid of any real flavour. However, the mincemeat is where I'm borderline offended. While there is more, in terms of quantity, than there has been in the past, it's dry, jelly-like and there's just a tad more alcohol in there that I'd like. Overall the mince pie is a step down to Sainsbury's usual standard. I'd stick to their regular mince pies and leave these 'taste the difference' ones on the shelf.

The Mince Pie Administration Score: 33 / 100

See where this mince pie sit on our leader board here.

(Don't forget to share this review and follow us on twitter @TheMincePieBlog and on Facebook to ensure you don't miss out on new reviews.)

No comments:

Post a Comment